About our LCEB
The Urangan SHS Local Community Education Body (LCEB) is a body established under the co-design principles described in the Department of Education Commitment Statement 2020. The Local Community Engagement through Co-design approach - which our LCEB supports - aims to improve outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Queensland state schools through the empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
The objectives of our LCEB are to:
- Increase the proportion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students achieving a C or better in English and Maths
- Reduce the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students receiving multiple school disciplinary absences
- Increase retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Year 10 to 12
- Improve the proportion of educators at Urangan SHS who strongly agree they are confident in embedding cultural perspectives, as measured by the School Opinion Survey
- Improve the attendance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Increase the level of successful Year 12 completion and attainment
- Increase local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander employment
Our LCEB acts in an advisory capacity, identifying Indigenous education priorities and makes recommendations on matters that impact the experience of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students, parents, and communities in partnership with Urangan SHS. Our LCEB holds a wealth of skills, knowledge, expertise, and connections.
Work with us
Our LCEB is currently looking for new members to join with us in supporting outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. To find out more, please see the links in the QuickLinks (--->). EOI closes Friday 18th November 2022.